Saturday, October 4, 2008

Do we have to pull-through each day fear-stricken?

This is my first attempt at writing about a movie. It cannot be called as a movie review, for, I'm not good at it and also I don't want to quench the apprehension that this one brings along. Though there are more than a dozen movies in my personal favourites list, never felt like jotting down something about a movie until today when I watched "A Wednesday", materialized under the direction of Neeraj Pandey. It would not be an overstatement if I say that this is the most excellent movie of the recent times that I've seen and that too from the realm of Bollywood which renders nothing but tawdry dramas embelished with masala mixes nowadays. Contrary to such worthless flicks, this one stands out, depicting how the common people is left to bear the brunt of terrorism and how, one among this helpless mob ventures to give a strong backlash to the terrorists. Naseeruddin Shah and Anupam Kher are at their intimidating best with the most finest acting delivered as usual. As the movie proceeds, you'll find each and every subtle scene inducing a gush of stimulation in you, finally to be enraptured by the end result. After having watched the culmination part, I definitely did think that "It should happen the same way". I'm sure any common man needing to live in peace would also have the same thing to say.

4 comments: